- Full Time
This position is responsible for finishing all castings according to procedures in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner. This position requires the person to recognize the need to flex to various machines within the Clean and Ship cell at the beginner through expert level. The individual will work closely and communicate with other Clean and Ship personnel, supervisors, maintenance, and Quality Control.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating an understanding of and completing work instructions at all machines including but not limited to:
- Snag grinder, die grinder, chipper
- Cut Off Saw and fixtures
- Hydro Wedge and fixtures
- Performing daily TPM as described for each machine
- Recognizing when it is necessary to dress and true the grinding wheel and can do so properly
- Read and interpret standard work procedures to safely process and finish raw castings meeting customer specifications
- Demonstrating knowledge of the tools needed for each casting and using them safely (see tool listing noted above)
- Demonstrating the ability to identify defects associated with castings
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized
- Safely performs work in accordance with standard safety procedures, reports any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor
- Performs other related and non-related duties as assigned
Mental and Physical Requirements
Positions in this class require frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds, less frequently up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
This position will be required to bend, kneel, crouch, reach, climb and walk. Examples include the ability to: lift castings, kneel to make adjustments to a machine, bend, twist, and stretch while moving castings. Employees are required to stand for the entire production shift and must use their hands constantly to perform this job.
Seneca Foundry, 240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr, Webster City IA 50595
Phone: 515-832-1722 Fax: 515-832-2579
Have a question regarding this career?