- Full Time
Seneca Foundry, Inc.
240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr.
Webster City, IA 50595, US
This position is responsible for the quality, including prevention of scrap defects related to metal and sand. A primary responsibility would be to maintain accurate chemistries and mechanical properties within the iron. The Quality Manager is the score keeper for the foundry process’s that includes charting, analyzing, documenting cause, effect, and solutions. The Quality Manager will work closely with customers regarding any concerns they have as a result of casting defects. The position requires accurate, timely, and consistent testing of metal and sand processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of furnaces and control of melting processes
- Responsible for Metallurgical duties including accurate chemistries of the iron and mechanical properties to meet required specs
- Control of sand processes used in green sand molding and isocure cores
- Control of raw materials, supplier audits
- Utilize and operate quality testing equipment such as Spectrometer, Microscope, Brinell Hardness
- Maintain an ISO certifiable quality/business system
- Manage internal quality audits and complete customer requested quality audits
- Liaison with customers both internal and external regarding corrective actions and process changes
- Communicate timely and accurate data to customer working to resolve scrap defects
- Responsible for providing technical support to managers and supervisors of foundry operations
- Continuously monitor and make improvements to reduce scrap defects related to metal or sand
- Problem Solver – Root Cause Analysis
- BS Materials Science degree, Metallurgist preferred
- Minimum 5 years management experience, Foundry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (writing, listening, and speaking)
- Must be able to use and understand Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Talent for managing detail
- Ability to thrive in team environment
Organization Structure and Interface
This position reports directly to the President. This position will supervise the Quality Technician and will work closely with Supervisors, Scheduler, Engineering, all production staff, customers, and outside suppliers on a regular basis.
Mental and Physical Requirements
This position must be able to interact and effectively communicate with employees at all levels. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and frequently work with his/her hands. Must be able to walk, lift, bend, kneel, reach, and climb to perform all essential job functions. Must be able to learn new software and technology changes.
FEF - Foundry Educational Foundation students and alumni encouraged to apply!
Have a question regarding this career?