- Full Time
240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr.
Webster City, IA 50595, US
The Production Coordinator of Seneca Foundry is responsible for developing and communicating all production related schedules and maps. This position will focus on scheduling production to ensure customer expectations for ontime delivery is met. The ability to understand and coordinate labor, equipment, and processes are essentials for developing the most efficient and effective schedules. This position requires timely communications with both customers and internal operations, a talent for managing details, and ability to understand the process requirements for manufacturing a quality casting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Enter and confirm all customer purchase orders, assigning internal work order numbers
- Responsible for contract review and verifying accuracy of information from customer purchase orders to our internal documents
- Schedule work orders into production to ensure customer expectation for ontime delivery is met
- Maintain accuracy of production schedules daily, document and update daily work in process inventory
- Analyze and internally communicate the operational requirements of labor, equipment, and processes needed to fulfill the customer orders ontime
- Communicate accurate and timely information with the customer on any changes or deviations from their original confirmed order with shipping dates and number of pieces
- Using Microsoft Excel, develop detailed daily schedules and maps for all production departments including lost foam, core, melt mold pour, and clean & ship
- Manage and coordinate work orders to be shipped daily
- Reconcile casting and core inventory
Seneca Foundry is a 100+-year-old family-owned manufacturer for gray and ductile iron. We started in Webster City and remain here in our modern-day 35,000 square foot Iowa foundry building to provide services in lost foam casting, cast iron casting, 3D scanning and more.
Not just a number.
Seneca Foundry is family-owned and managed, and you will see executive leaders every day. With just under 50 employees, everyone is a member of the team, not just a number.
Seneca Foundry prides itself on creating a safe, growth-oriented environment for all employees. Providing both in house training and off-site education options, employees are given opportunities to focus on personal growth and career advancement.
Safety is not something we just talk about, it is something we do every single day. Our safety culture is second to none, driven by all employees.
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Demonstrate organizational skills, time management, and have a talent for managing details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to use and understand Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel