- Full Time
Seneca Foundry, Inc.
240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr.
Webster City, IA 50595, US
This position is responsible developing production and quality processes for current and new castings, providing short lead time quality samples to the customer. A primary responsibility would be to create detailed and accurate dimensional layouts of sampled castings for the customers approval prior to production by utilizing a 3D scanner and applicable software. The Process Engineer will follow the casting during the entire manufacturing process, documenting production and quality processes to stabilize the procedures for future repeatable production.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for improving and maintaining the casting sampling process that will ensure quality tooling, cores, molds, and finished castings
- Responsible for accurate, detailed documentation on sample castings produced
- Using root cause analysis, identify and solve problems to reduce or eliminate scrap defects on samples and current production castings, make appropriate changes to correct root cause problems
- Responsible for casting dimensional layout process utilizing 3D scanner and software, ensuring detailed and accurate information is provided to the customer for dimensional approval of samples produced
- Ability to read, understand, and create drawings, prints, and models of castings
- Utilize SolidWorks and Polyworks software
- Create and revise work instructions to ensure repeatable production for quality castings
- Develop fixtures and gauges to ensure operator safety, improve efficiencies, and ensure castings meet customer specifications
- Assist Quality Manager with maintaining an ISO certifiable quality/business system
- Cross Train with and be able to fill in as Quality Technician
Seneca Foundry is a 100+-year-old family-owned manufacturer for gray and ductile iron. We started in Webster City and remain here in our modern-day 35,000 square foot Iowa foundry building to provide services in lost foam casting, cast iron casting, 3D scanning and more.
Not just a number.
Seneca Foundry is family-owned and managed, and you will see executive leaders every day. With just under 50 employees, everyone is a member of the team, not just a number.
Seneca Foundry prides itself on creating a safe, growth-oriented environment for all employees. Providing both in house training and off-site education options, employees are given opportunities to focus on personal growth and career advancement.
Safety is not something we just talk about, it is something we do every single day. Our safety culture is second to none, driven by all employees.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design Technology, or CAD related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and working in a team environment
- Must be able to use and understand Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to use and understand modeling and drawing software programs
- Demonstrate organizational skills, time management, and have a talent for managing details
Organization Structure and Interface
This position reports directly to the President. This position will work closely with the Sales Engineer, Foundry Supervisors, Quality Manager, Quality Technician, Scheduler, all operation employees, and customers.
Mental and Physical Requirements
This position must be able to interact and effectively communicate with employees at all levels. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and frequently work with his/her hands. Must be able to walk, lift, and bend to perform all essential job functions. Must be able to learn new software and technology changes.
FEF - Foundry Educational Foundation students and alumni encouraged to apply!