- Part Time
This position is responsible for custodian duties to be completed according to procedures in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner. Duties would include operating vacuums and shoveling sand thru out the foundry facility. The individual will work closely with Foundry Technicians, Supervisors, and Maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Use various sized vacuums to clean foundry sand off the floors, walls, and equipment
- Operating shop vacs, drum vac, and industrial vacuums as needed
- Clean vacuum filters on a regular basis
- Shovel sand into hoppers
- Clean surfaces of shelves, walls, and equipment
- Paint floors, walls, and other surfaces
- Throw trash into hoppers
- Safely performs work in accordance with standard safety procedures, reports any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor
- Performs other related and non-related duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Positions in this class require frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds, less frequently up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
This position will be required to bend, kneel, crouch, reach, climb and walk. Examples include the ability to: lift vacuum hoses and supplies, kneel to reach the vacuum into corners or tight spaces, bend, twist, and stretch while moving the vacuum hoses. Employees are required to stand for the entire production shift and must use their hands constantly to perform this job.
Seneca Foundry, 240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr, Webster City IA 50595
Phone: 515-832-1722 Fax: 515-832-2579