- Full Time
This position is responsible for safely performing maintenance duties on foundry equipment, including maintenance repairs, preventative and predictive maintenance, and maintenance troubleshooting. This position is responsible for following and completing the daily maintenance schedule, reducing maintenance-related downtime, and enhancing the operation of the foundry.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. This position will work closely with Plant Engineer, Supervisors, Employees, Production Coordinator, Process Engineering, and Quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Always follow all safety policies and procedures, including lock out tag out
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment and production machinery
- Install, maintain, and repair mechanical systems and equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication systems
- Industrial mechanical and PLC programming
- Total Productive Maintenance System
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery
- Electrical and mechanical skills, troubleshoot and repair electrically driven operating systems and equipment
- Communicate with supervisor clearly stating needs and demonstrating sound reasoning to correctly fix or repair equipment (no band-aids)
- Document tasks and follow ups in the computerized maintenance system
- Follow maintenance schedule
- High school or GED required
- Education or experience in industrial maintenance
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge, technical skills
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision and work as a team with co-workers
- Self motivator
- Ability to prioritize
Positions in this area require frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds, less frequently up to 50 pounds, and with assistance up to 100 pounds. The position is required to properly and safely use various power tools, welding equipment, drills, saws, wrenches, shovels, and any other tool needed to correctly repair industrial equipment. This position must be able to stand, walk, twist, stoop, pull, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and reach to successfully perform maintenance in all areas of the facility. This position must be able to interact and effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
Seneca Foundry, 240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr, Webster City IA 50595
Phone: 515-832-1722 Fax: 515-832-2579
Have a question regarding this career?