- Part Time
240 MacKinlay Kantor Dr.
Webster City, IA 50595, US
This position is responsible for Human Resources functions including recruiting, hiring, orientation, benefits, performance reviews, retention, safety training, and employee record keeping. This position will assist the Accounting Manager in all HR and Safety functions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local agencies is met at all times. The Human Resources Coordinator must be fluent in both English and Spanish with the ability to translate both written and verbal communications thru out the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Actively recruit for all positions at Seneca Foundry
- Advertise and promote the company maintaining a positive corporate image using various methods such as social media (LinkedIn and Facebook), company website, and print materials.
- Interview potential applicants regarding skills and experience.
- Coordinating pre-employment physicals and background checks.
- Responsible for ensuring initial paperwork for new hires is complete and accurate, always properly maintaining the employee personnel files and medical files.
- Assist in new employee orientation processes, includes understanding of handbook policies
- Organize and implement employee retention activities.
- Actively participate in employee performance reviews, ensuring timely completion.
- Translate and interpret English and Spanish communications.
- Maintain accurate workers comp records, including filing of claims with insurance carrier.
- Complete benefit enrollments/changes/terminations for all employees.
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoicing.
- Coordination of weekly safety shop talks and quarterly safety meetings.
- Perform safety fit testing and industrial hygiene testing for all employees.
- Maintain accurate documentation and record keeping on all employee training.
- Cross train in Accounting Coordinator functions to provide assistance when needed.
- Work closely with management and supervisors to enhance the growth and development of all employees.
- Responsible for clerical duties such as answering the phone and greeting visitors at door, always being courteous and professional.
Seneca Foundry is a 100+-year-old family-owned manufacturer for gray and ductile iron. We started in Webster City and remain here in our modern-day 35,000 square foot Iowa foundry building to provide services in lost foam casting, cast iron casting, 3D scanning and more.
Not just a number.
Seneca Foundry is family-owned and managed, and you will see executive leaders every day. With just under 50 employees, everyone is a member of the team, not just a number.
Seneca Foundry prides itself on creating a safe, growth-oriented environment for all employees. Providing both in house training and off-site education options, employees are given opportunities to focus on personal growth and career advancement.
Safety is not something we just talk about, it is something we do every single day. Our safety culture is second to none, driven by all employees.
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent bi-lingual communication skills (writing, listening, and speaking)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Talent for managing details
- Able to organize, prioritize, and perform tasks with limited supervision
- Minimum two year human resources degree or 3 years human resources experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment